ARELLO Commissioner College
ARELLO's Commissioner College is a highly regarded educational program that is designed to prepare new board/council/commission members for their unique role as regulatory decision-makers and also serves as a valuable refresher course for those with more experience.
Occupational and professional licensing authorities are routinely presented with a broad range of potentially complex issues that can involve quasi-legislative, executive and judicial functions. An understanding of the legal, procedural and practical issues that are related to those distinct functions is critical to effective regulatory decision-making. ARELLO's Commissioner College program offers essential training and practical information in a wide range of relevant subjects including:
- Essentials of Administrative Law
- Rules of Evidence for Real Estate Members
- Commission Member Rights, Duties and Liabilities
- Ethical Considerations for Commission Members
- Licensing Administration and Policy
Some notes about the format and online versus in-person options:
- Commissioner College is divided into two sections (101 and 102). The sections are offered once per year in an in-person format, in conjunction with the Annual Conference. Section 101 is offered in odd-numbered years and section 102 in even-numbered years.
- For the online format, each section is further divided into multiple courses; you must take all the courses in a section to complete the section.
- You can complete each section online or in-person, but you can't split a section into smaller parts. Each section as a whole must be completed in the same format. For example, you can take section 101 in-person at the Annual Conference and then complete section 102 online. You cannot attend half of section 102 in-person and complete the other half online.
- The sections and courses within may be completed in any order.
- The total cost for each online section is $300. Section 101 is divided into 3 courses at $100 each. Section 102 is divided into 4 courses at $75 each. The in-person section registration fees are slightly less expensive at $220 each, but travel is required.
- Once you complete both sections, whether in-person, online or a combination of both, you'll receive your certificate via email.