The Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI™) Program
The CDEI™ program is designed to be used by persons preparing to teach professional and academic education courses via a variety of distance education delivery methods such as Internet, CBT, and video-conferencing. Students becoming certified will have an excellent credential and knowledgebase by which to begin or continue their work facilitating distance education courses.
Obtaining and Renewing the CDEI™
- Obtaining the CDEI™: If you've never earned the designation before, you'll need to first create your CDEI Profile, and then complete the 2 CDEI Core Courses. Register for CDEI Parts I and II here.
- CDEI™ First Renewal: If you've earned the designation but have never renewed, you're on your first renewal. Register for the first CDEI Renewal Course here.
- CDEI™ Renewal2: If you've completed the first CDEI Renewal Course, you're on your second renewal. Complete the renewal application and self-assessment here.
- CDEI™ Renewal 3+: If you've completed all of the above, you're on your third (or greater) renewal. Browse available courses here.
- Not sure where you are in the process? Lookup your CDEI™ record here to see which renewal you need to complete next.